It is our aim at Catholictherapists.com to list only those therapists who are faithful to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and its Magisterium and who integrate those teachings into their therapeutic practice.
In order to be listed on this site, you must satisfactorily fill out the application, be licensed in your state, carry professional liability/malpractice insurance and provide both professional and clergy references.
If you are a Catholic mental health professional who would like to be listed on this site, please follow the instructions below:
1. Fill out the online application.
You will be able to use your profile as your own personal webpage. Your web address will be www.catholictherapists.com/username. We suggest you use your name or your practice name as your username on the application. Your username will be used to log in to the site to modify your profile. Usernames are unique. If the username you use is already in use you will be directed to choose an alternate one.
There are two fields on the application for your e mail address. The first field is required and for internal use for us to contact you. This will not appear on your profile. If you would like to include an e mail address for potential clients to view on your profile, there is another optional field in which to include it.
Your office address is required. There is a second field included if you would like to list a second office address. If you would like to include a different billing address that will not be published, there is a separate field you may fill out. If you do not fill out this field, all correspondence will be sent to the first office address you list.
2. Mail or Fax a copy of your LICENSE and PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY/MALPRACTICE INSURANCE CERTIFICATE to:
PO Box 1276
Huntington, NY 11743
3. Provide one professional and one clergy reference. Include names and addresses on application. Please let your references know to expect a form in the mail and ask them to fill it out and return it promptly.
4. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of membership. (Print copy for your records.)
5. Remit membership fee. Membership fee is $20 per month (plus a one time adminstrative set up fee of $25). Membership may also be paid by check in the full annual amount of $240. After completing the application, you will be notified by e mail when your application is approved and directed to a secure page to pay by credit card with instructions to mail in your payment if you choose that option. Please note: Enter the USERNAMEand PASSWORD that you entered on your application on the payment sheet.
6. Once your application has been approved and payment received, you will be notified by e mail with instructions to log in and complete your profile.
7. If you run into problems or need assistance, please e mail us at: